Buthelezi who comes from a polygamous family decided to live a monogamous marriage life with Princess Irene with whom they’ve been married for 64 years. So much wisdom in these quotes.
1) Over the years, I came under some pressure to take another wife, but I am a Christian and I believe in marriage to one woman.
2) I never lacked anything having only one wife. Princess Irene has been my closest friend, my adviser, my prayer warrior and the love of my life.
3) We’ve kept the Lord at the centre of our marriage. He is our greatest cheerleader, and with backing like that it is hard not to believe in lasting love.
4) I’ve also made a point of remembering special dates.
5) You can’t go into a marriage thinking how happy the other person is going to make you. A successful marriage is one in which both spouses are trying to outdo one another in filling up the love tank.
6) You have to invest in your marriage constantly, understanding that it is your most important relationship. Invest today in the marriage you want to have in 30 or 40 years’ time.
7) Deal with issues as they arise. You will be amazed at how God honours marriage, every time you refuse to give up, it just gets better.
These quotes were taken from an article written by SA Magazine.com which appeared on their Facebook page about the couple on Monday, 15 February 2016. Read the full story here.